Many years ago, I found my inspiration for starting Office Playground at a trade show. I was working at a trade show consulting firm at the time. My company's job was to help our clients get as many people to their booth as possible. My boss used to call it, "creating an anthill," referring to what it looks like when attendees swarm your trade show booth. I remember looking down on the trade show floor from the 2nd level and seeing a few anthills, so I investigated them. The companies with the anthills were giving stuff away for free. Not too surprising that people like free stuff. What was surprising was that these free giveaways were mostly toys! I remember specifically a very serious looking guy in a 3 piece suit waiting in a line, for a while, to get a free Frisbee. It was at that moment it clicked that humans love toys, adults and children alike.
So, why are office toys such strong magnets to draw people to your trade show booth and reinforce your brand for years afterwards? Here are the top 5 reasons:
- They're visually appealing! Stress balls, stress toys, or unusual desktop toys really catch your eye. Office toys are colorful, they may move, or they are tactile. These qualities all lead to people wanting to get a toy, play with it, and keep it! Office toys will draw trade show attendees to your booth.
- They have broad appeal. Office toys appeal to all kinds of people, but an imprinted golf ball may only appeal to golfers. Most people either want that free office toy for themselves, or have a friend, family member, or coworker they want to give it to.
- They have longevity. Office toys last a long time. An imprinted stress ball or magnetic sculpture will live on a prospective customer's desk for a long, long time... Plus, your company's logo will be there the entire time, promoting your brand.
- They live on desks. Imprinted office toys will end up on desks, which are inside of your prospect's companies. The office toys are visually appealing so all of the people (other prospects) who see it on a desk will want to play with it. While this "office anthill" happens surrounding the office toy, your logo and messaging generates awareness of your brand.
- They demonstrate your company's culture. What kind of company culture do you have? Giving away customized office toys shows your prospects that your company understands the value of having a little fun and stress relief at work. You'll be the type of company that your prospects will want to do business with.
Customized office toys are also affordable and small so you can buy and distribute a lot of them and your prospects can easily fit them in their suitcase.
Create an anthill at your next trade show: give away office toys!
Office Playground specializes in imprinted office toys, so we'll surely have the perfect playful giveaway for your next trade show or event. Check out our selection of printable office toys here
We're always happy to help you select the ideal trade show office toy. Just give us a call or email: 800-458-1948 or [email protected]